6TH AICA INCENTIVE AWARD FOR YOUNG ART CRITICS18/06/2018
AICA Incentive Award for Young Art Critics recognizes emerging voices in art criticism around the world. In 2018, the International Association of Art Critics (AICA) and its Awards Committee, with the support of the AICA Taiwan section, launches the sixth edition of AICA Incentive Award for Young Art Critics. The previous winners have been Franck Hermann Ekra (Ivory Coast), Alessandra Simões Paiva (Brazil), Sebastian Baden (Germany), Lee Sun Young (South Korea) and Victor Wang (Canada/UK).
This year, AICA invites young art critics from any country in the world to submit an article or a review on a subject (an exhibition, a biennale, a profile of an artist etc.), which deals with the subject of contemporary art produced in the Asia Pacif ic region or with the Asian Pacif ic art scene. The winner will be awarded a round trip to attend the forthcoming AICA Congress in Taipei, Taiwan and the Post Congress Trip to Taichung, Tainan and Kaohsiung scheduled to take place from 14 to 21 November 2018. The critics coming second and third in the competition will also be eligible to receive an honorary mention. AICA reserves the right to publish the text of the winner and the two runners-up on its website.
The composition of the jury will be announced on the AICA website in July.
- Critics have to be 40 years or younger on 10 September 2018.
- Their article or review must relate to contemporary art in the Asia Pacif ic region.
- Last date for submissions: 10 September 2018.
- All submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, properly labelled “AICA Incentive Award for Young Art Critics”, with a copy to email@example.com
- The submitted text can be in English, French, Spanish or Mandarin Chinese. But if the original text is not in English, please also submit the translated version in English.
- The text can be either new or in a previously published version, provided that the previously published text has appeared not earlier than 11 September 2016.
- Texts may be no less than 2000 words or more than 5000 words in length.
- Submissions must be sent in .doc, .docx or .pdf format.
- All submissions must be accompanied by a contactable e-mail address and a short biographical profille (no longer than 150 words).
CONTACT EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
The winner will be announced on the website by the international Jury Committee on ca. October 15 2018, and the award ceremony will take place in Taipei on 18 November, the final day of the 2018 AICA Congress (detailed programme to follow later). For all enquiries, please contact email@example.com
DRAFT PROGRAMME OF 2018 51st AICA CONGRESS IN TAIWAN
Nov. 14 Committees (Taipei)
Nov. 15 Board Meeting and General Assembly (Taipei)
Nov. 16-18 Symposium (Taipei)
Nov. 19-21 Post-Congress Trip (Taichung, Tainan, Kaohsiung)
More information about the upcoming Congress is available at:
51st AICA International Congress in Taiwan,
14-21 November 2018, AICA Taiwan